Thursday, July 19, 2007

Getting anal (ogy)

Have you heard the expression " Groceries shopping is the foreplay of the cooking". So someone asked me: What does that make the eating?

In my rhythm of life, I do groceries once a week but I cook every day. So this means that one foreplay can turn me on for all the week. Actually I do have some problems with that. In order to keep my cooking ON all the week, I do use other stuff as well, like research recipes on internet or read cooking books or watch Food TV. Plus, to cook I do not buy everything on one groceries trip. I do have already at home some of the ingredients and spices required from the recipe and I don't need to buy them EVERY time! All these things between the foreplay and the cooking, give texture, taste, color and smell to the last result of cooking.
On the other side, there are people that are called professional cooks and they have other people that do groceries for them and other people that eat what they cook. All they do is cooking without foreplay and they do not eat it.
If the analogy above is true, then people that foreplay must be good sales people and people that use the foreplay must be really good cooks!
So to go back to the question, what does this makes eating? To recap: we need foreplay=groceries, we use some "home" ingredients=spices, we have some recipes to follow=TV and DVDs, we cook=yeah! and then ....we eat it=?!
I guess in the example of the professionals, eating is "tell your buddies" about it , yeah! Make those money worth it so they can be jealous of you. But what do you call the people that read the menu of the restaurant from outside and then decide to get in or not although there was a professional that cooked? I guess they can be 1- priests or 2- been 20 years to prison and forgot how the food tastes or 3-they are working hard on becoming cooks on their own.
In the example of non professionals, eating should be 1-"Got to go" or 2- "I'm really thirsty" or 3- smoking or 4- go to sleep or.... YES! I think that's it:
If groceries shopping is the foreplay of cooking, eating is the foreplay of sleeping!

No comments: