Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Liveaboard

This marine flag means:

L - you should stop, I have something important to communicate

My manager of 1 year just quit yesterday for one of the best top 5 reasons to quit: He has decided to take a 2 year trip on Central America's waters on a boat with his wife!

P - the Blue Peter - all aboard, vessel is about to proceed sea. (At sea) your lights are out or burning badly

He has been a lot around, traveled in all the possible ways (airplane, car, bicycle, rock mounting, boat) and he is an inspiration for life enjoyment. He is the kind of guy that has done well on carrier, has a wife that loves him and he is in love with, has taken all the chances life has given to him, doesn't follow rules out of his own and he doesn't have children. For 2 years before becoming my boss, he has been representing the company in our office in India, managing a group of developers. Then that office closed and he came back to Toronto to spend one cold winter, just like before. That made him think that "It doesn't have to be like this!"

D - keep clear of me, I am manoevering with difficulty

He had a really hard time with the cold while all the time he was talking about the hot weather of India. And then in February he took a trip down on Mexico to visit some uncle of his wife that lived there and seems like that was the trip that changed his mind for good.

S - my engines are going full speed astern

He sold his house for more than he was expecting and instead of buying a new one, he will sell his old boat and buy a new one of those! His wife and him are planning to go to Florida, the best market for boats, and buy a boat there. Florida is the best market for boats because a lot of people start their trips up north and by the time they arrive to Florida, their wives have given them 2 options: "The boat or Me!", so they sell the boats.... or their wives, whichever makes a better deal.

X - stop carrying out your intentions and watch for my signals



I am really jealous! I am really jealous!

W - I require medical assistance

I really need to find the reason why I do not do things like that in my life?! I like adventures, I like traveling, I do not like Toronto's winter and I do like to learn Spanish in Cuba. So I do like to do all these things and I'm not. Trying to find whom to blame....

B - I am taking on or discharging explosives

The biggest adventure I have done in my life is to leave home and move to Toronto at 27. I loved it and I think I did a good thing to move here. But why did I get married here? I shouldn't have gotten married, I should have continued to follow adventures that my heart would have told me to. And not just that, but I married also someone that doesn't like adventures ... I mean the kind that I like because, believe you me, he does like some other kinds! And then there was the kid, don't get me wrong, I love my kid to death, but I think it is hard to take adventures of any kind with a kid that is still on diapers. So it seems like I have made all the possible choices to disable myself from taking adventures and live on the edge. I guess I am the one to blame.

I - I am altering my course to port


Well, I am sorry he is leaving as he was a good boss, a nice guy and things were going fine since he took this job. I wish him all the fun and hope he doesn't meet any pirates out there. As per us here, we will have to find a nice gift for him so he can remember us in the middle of the blue, and a new boss as good as him.

substitute 1;

No comments: