Monday, August 27, 2007

Rock on

Last night I was on my first live concert. And what a concert I picked: SCORPIONS in Toronto!!
Now I know that people 27 and younger have no idea probably who Scorpions are. You have to tell them about the song with the whistle (Wind of change) or Hurricane and maybe will ring a bell to them. But for me, they are one of the favorite bands that have contributed on my growth as a person. Can't say I know all of their songs. I am mostly into ballads and they do have some really nice ones.
So last night they sang some of their new songs and to tell the truth I did like "Humanity". Pretty impressive to like a song that you hear for the first time on a noisy live concert. I guess if I hear it from a studio recording I will like it a lot. And here and there they had some of their classic songs. There were people that didn't sit for a second (unfortunately the ones ahead of me so I had to stand up all the time as well) and they sang all the time because they knew every word of every song!!! Pretty amazing considering that they had the biker looking with a big bier belly!!
It was a lot of nostalgia in their old songs for me. I remember, during my first year of high school, there was this guy that finally took the courage to tell me he loved me (the first time someone told he loved me face to face) and because I was so naive and scared like a mouse I told him not to talk to me anymore. Like a gentleman, up to this day he hasn't spoken a word to me! But he was friend with my friends. I used to exchange a lot of books with my friends and one day I found at the end of one book two songs of Scorpions, written by hand, very nicely. Was "Holiday" and "Still loving you". None of my friends knew English that well or had any interest on writing the lyrics of these songs to my book, so I have a very good feeling was him! To be honest, he touched my heart in a secret place with that! My friends tell me that he has become kind of weird but in my books he is fine. If I have a chance to talk to him again, I would say "Sorry for any pain I have ever caused you! I didn't mean it, just was scared and didn't know better!"
Just in time for this exiting first concert, BlogSpot has introduced this new feature to add personal videos. I am adding this very bad quality of video I got from the concert with my cell phone (no cameras allowed). Those guys can still sing and rock the stage! The drummer was really awesome and he kept the show for about 10 minutes with some drum tricks! The only disappointment was that they didn't sing "Woman", maybe my personal favorite song. My ears still beep, I guess I have damaged them for good! My throat is itchy and my legs hurt... Oh well, was all worth it :)

No comments: