Tuesday, August 21, 2007

300 and some


So I made it watch the movie "300".At the beginning I didn't want to as I was told there would be disturbing scenes with children being sacrificed and lots of people being killed. But then I took the courage and I watch it from beginning to end. And it is a disturbing movie, lots of killing, blood, angry men and some almost to very naked women. I was comparing it with "Passion of Christ" and I think this one brings the bar higher. There were a lot of discussions when that movie came out but nothing about this one. Is our sensitivity changed so much that we accept anything shown on TV, any shade of blood sprayed right on the camera, any head cut flying in the air and anything someone called director and photographer decide to put on our face?
What was wrong with the old war movies, where there was a lot more than just the killing in the 120 minutes of the picture? It used to be a lot more attention to the story and the message and some combat for action. Now the attention is to the combat and in between, while they eat an apple for snack, there are some words just to connect the battle that just finished with the next one.
Gerard Butler is a dreamy guy! I really liked him at "Dear Franky". He is hot here as well, also in a good physic (so were the other 299 guys behind him) but the old Greek hair style is just ridiculous on him. In this movie he shows it almost all, except his "package". I guess that is the thing that makes the girls watch this movie when dragged by thier men to the theater or rent it to Blockbuster.
In all I was not very impressed and I don't think I will watch it again, once is enough. Also, I think, for the next year pride parade, there will be a lot of guys dressed up like the big Persian guy that was under the impression he was God. He was a perfect Drag Queen.

No comments: