Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'ts De-cember

So another year just about to leave and remind us that we are growing up... ok ok, getting older! It is impossible to not be aware of it. The Christmas trees are put up and decorated since September. Any store you step in, you hear Christmas songs and everything is decorated in the way to tell you "Hey, I'm a gift idea, buy me!".And if you do actually buy something, plan to get also a book with you as you will be on line to pay for it for long-loooooong time . I get a full mail box with stickers and cards from organizations that need 25$ from me in order to continue to function and offer to everyone a safe Christmas. Everywhere in radio or tv, each channel has their own charity they want you to contribute to. The daycare where my daughter goes, finally announced the day of the Christmas concert that has been prepared for a month. I had to actually tailor a small skirt for my daughter this year as the uniform needed a black one and she didn't have one! Feel pretty proud about it as it came out nice and all her teachers are asking me to make skirts for them! Not going to do that ever, but still feels good :)
Another sign of Christmas is that you start getting mail from people that write to you only for Christmas, kind of "hey, we don't hang out together but I do think of you!!" You get invited to parties from people that you know very little and you start thinking, why did they invite me?
I have to do shopping, write cards, mail the packages and mail the cards. It's such a pain in the ass but if I don't do it, no one will!
Your friends start making their own web cards with their faces and with animations like elves or jingle bells and fill your e-mail box up to the point that you get e-mails from the IT department to remind you that your e-mail box is over the limit size!
They also send you gifts, where 60% is chocolate, 30% candles and 10% other.
All the shows on Tv go to repeats because the actors or presenters go on vacations.
But one thing that I like at the end of each year is the Victoria's Secret fashion show! Now, I like guys, there is no doubt about that, but those girls are steamy! I watched the show couple of night ago and was just grrrrreat!


So based on all of these, I have to admit that Christmas is the most depressing time of the year! I get sad and become picky on what I like to do. Mostly because I have about 2 weeks off from work and I don't get to go home to my parents. Also, just staying home, eat and watch tv or old movies doesn't work well for me. I probably have to start playing on-line games or just the XBox with my husband so we get closer with each-other :) I guess I need friends and family around to keep me busy so I don't have time to start thinking about my old friends and the time when I had things to do during holidays...haha....like one year, I just locked myself up in my room to finish this puzzle with 2000 pieces on January 1st. The idea was that I was pissed with my boyfriend and I didn't want to meet him. I knew he was outside waiting for me to get out and come and talk to me so I had to stay home. But at home my mom would become suspicious as why was I staying home (I never did!) so I started the puzzle and I said that I wanted to finish it. She knows I love puzzles so kind of left me alone. But I had some friends calling or coming to visit me at home so wasn't bad :)
Last year I volunteered to have Christmas party at my house and that kind of made me moving as I had to prepare for 30 guests. At the end I really had fun and loved it to have the house full with friends but this year I felt kind of lazy so I let another friend take over. It will be a house warming/ Christmas party as they just moved to another house. Also, a friend from States is coming for one week to visit people here and I am exited to meet him again. He promised he will find time to have a lunch with me someday during the week, just to catch up. I might drive to New Jersey to meet my cousin that haven't seen in a while. Like to drive there with my lovely Volvina, but everyone is telling me that I would be crazy to do that, so I will see about airplane.
I'm such a Grinch!

No comments: