Friday, December 19, 2008

What did I learn from 2008

Was not a bad year at the end, if I look at everything that happened. Not a great one either.
As a woman I keep being reminded that we must be pretty, hot, smart, interesting, strong, intuitive, fertile, creative, busy but still, sometimes being a little silly-stupid is much appreciated and nicely received.
As an employer I learned that upper management must be reminded once in a while who you are, especially when you are not working on the project that is the hot subject of the day.If you make a deal with one of these people, the deal is never signed in stone and is subject of changes (not necessary favorable to you) at any moment. Don't break you back for work.
As a wife I keep learning that marriage is a better deal for men.
As a mother I learn that although we love our kids to death, we do need time away from them for the sake of mind sanity.
As a sister I learned that brother is a man that tells you the truth without looking at your breast or take the connection one step further.
As a daughter I learned that I will always be the daughter, no matter how old I get.
As a friend ...hmmmm... this is tough....as a friend I have learned that I should not get too attached but still be a good friend that is there with heart and soul to give a hand or a smile. I should make myself easy detachable to protect myself from feeling empty or used or misunderstood.
As a fighter I learned that being only strong will break you and being only soft will press you.
As a writer I have learned that people like to change your stories and take them to places you didn't want to go, so stick with your story.
As a human I have learned that life is beautiful, colorful, surprising, hurtful, painful and all the rainbow colors in between.
After all I have learned, I feel empty for some weird reasons. I have met some awesome people that have done some great things and that makes me feel unfulfilled. I have met some sad people that I was not able to make smile with my junior psychiatrist skills and that challenges me. I have met some people that fight with shadows in their heads and do not see that life can offer more if they look in a different direction. At the end, we all deserve what we get, because we did something to make it come our way.
I will add here my favorite song and video for this year and wish you all Love and Joy.

No comments: