Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sayings

I have lost my muse lately. Nothing special has happened, just no push to be creative.

It just happened that I read a saying by Mae West:
It is not important how many men are in your life, but rather how much life is in your men.
For some reasons this hit me, it makes so much sense if you think about it. And I think is the same for the other gender too. I need to have around me people that have something to say, something to tell and show, something to teach me, something new that I haven't heard before. These are the people that trigger a spark on me, that make me want more of them. We live in a busy world and we can meet new people every day.Not all of them stay with us. They need to say something to attract us, they need to know something to intrigue us, they need to have imagination to make us dream, they need to have a life that we like to live. People like this are rare and if you find one, you stop looking for a while for others. Just a pretty face doesn't work. Just a genius doesn't work. Just a rich person doesn't work. Just being nice doesn't work. We need the whole package.

And then a friend of mine told me one day: "You don't like calm, you like to make waves". Didn't think of that before. I actually thought that I like things to be smooth and people be able to communicate calmly. But if I like the saying from Mae West, then maybe I do make waves. I make waves to keep my life colorful, interesting, daring. I am not in any sense promiscuous. But I love life, I hate routines, I love cool, I hate bullshit. If this means making waves, then I am a wave maker ...and also a Mermaid! At the end, someone has to ride that wave and is not gonna be Santa Claus!

I have heard some other sayings that are not so interesting but maybe you will find them educative:
- If you do not inherit anything from your parents, you start your life twice poorer than your parents
- The baby was so ugly that the mother kept the stork
- "If someone will kidnap me and your mother, who would you be more worried about?" -"The kidnappers!"
- I do not get married because I do not like having strangers in my house

No comments: