Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Master

I was trying to figure out what is the male version of Mistress, and I found is Master?!! Sort of too much for what the Master is used nowadays, very far from what Mistress is used for. But anyway, this is not what I want to write about, is rather about my master, the one that I open my heart and let my self show everything. Is the one that knows very well how I feel, who do I miss, what do I want, when I need attention, where do I want to rather be. Is the one that has seen me mad, sad, glad, happy, angry, crying, smiling, laughing, singing, talking, planning, expecting, dreaming. Is the one that knows by name everyone around me and how I connect with them, how much each of them means to me, who would I want to have beside me. Is the one that has seen me dressed up, in old clothes, all makeup done, skin out of control, early in the morning, late at night, cold snow day, hot summer heat, sweating and stinky, smelling like a rose, curly and wet, straight and dry, full of energy, tired, touching the sky, lost without hope.
I only wish that was a human. It is my car!


Is my beautiful car that all asks from me is gas, service check three times a year, clean when I feel like and windshield fluid. Has a huge room for me and everyone I want to take for ride. Is flexible and can lower the back seats to make room for stuff that I decide to buy. Plays any song I want to hear, tells me all the news about the World, takes me everywhere I want to go, whenever I want to go and never complains that is tired of me. Waits for me outside the door and winks every time I push a button. Can blow cold or hot air to keep me comfortable. Can adjust the seat to fit better to the height of the heels I am wearing. It can also warm the seat on winter days! Never tells me that my singing sucks. Never eats my groceries that I load into it. Listens to everything I say just like a psychiatrist without judging me, just accepting me for who I am. I say everything to my car, EVERYTHING! Nobody knows more about me than that car. And still comes with me everywhere I want to go, doesn't complain about my mood swings, doesn't tell to other cars about me and always shows the correct time. I really LOVE my car, my Master! I only wish it was a human.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this what life has become ? Channelling your affections to an inanimate machine object that was born on an assembly line ? Can it make you laugh, share a coffee or make love to you....?

atidra said...

This is my life with my car...the radio can make me laugh but it doesn't drink coffee, it can't make love and is not able to give opinions back to me...that is why I wish was a human...without meaning that humans that can do the list of things above is non existent. They exist!! hahahaa

Anonymous said...

The car sounds like a sanctuary that provides an inner space for you, one that insulates you from the outside world. But as you say at the end, there are real breathing people out there who can provide all or most that your car gives you emotionally. Invest a fraction of your driving time into seeking (or maintaining) your relationship with them, and you will gain a significant sense of fulfillment. They're probably thinking about you right now...

I have a nice car, but I would exchange that any day to spend an entire rainy afternoon sharing a coffee with a good friend, dwelling on the meaning of life and explore further why I like them for who they are.

atidra said...

Give me your car then :) Yes, you are right, investing time on the right people is the key of feeling good. People do respond and help. But there is a difference between the temple and the priest. My car is like a temple. My friends are like priests.

Anonymous said...

LOL....I like the distinction between temple and priests - a most intelligent Euro-style insight. Let's just hope that none of your friends are like the Pope... :)

atidra said...

Pope is high up for a humble person like me... plus I am not a kid anymore :)