Saturday, January 20, 2007

Distance

Don't ask me why but I like this picture very much!

An old friend of mine is leaving the city for good, following his dream. Of course I wish him the best, but I know I will miss him next time we all get together here. I will miss the fact that sometimes I had the option to have lunch with him and it's like going back in time. Yet another friend by e-mail.
What keeps us friends? History... a complex of things done, words said, alcohol drunk, laughs and tears! It seems like I have more friends by e-mail than friends I can touch. I'm making friends people that have eyes with different shape than mine, skin with different shade than mine, interests different than mine. I have changed a lot since I moved in this city. I don't know if I like who I was or who I am, but I can say for sure, I have and I will love my friends wherever they are! I need them in my life, closer or in distance, as long as I can find a way to communicate. It's that history that can glue us together without too much words. And of course e-mail helps A LOT!
... C'est la vie!

No comments: