Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lately

This song that I hear in every radio channel I stop, called "Love You Lately" by Daniel Powter says:

'Cause I'm the one that loves you lately.
You and me, we got this great thing.


What does "lately" mean? How long is "lately"? Like everything in our life, the concept of love is changing in Media as well. Till now we are raised up listening ".. and they fell in love and lived happily ever after!". But now we have "I love you lately". Personally, I always thought that you can't be in love all the time but there are some couples I know that sometimes make me think I'm kind of Grinchy about love. Hearing this song I feel much better and down to earth than before.
Being in love is the best time a couple has. After that, other things come in first in the list of priorities, and we are not in love anymore like we used to. But it is in human nature to seek love, so we might find other people with whom we will be in love "lately" for a while.
But for how long can love last? What makes us fall out of love? If the other person is normal, no kind of abuse happend, can we still be in love? I guess it is not enought. To make someone be in love with you over and over, you will have to behave just like when you made that person fall in love first time. You should make sure that what you do and say are not done and told by someone else, and that better be a good thing! First of all, you should make sure that you want to be in love with that person. Otherwise, "lately" will be short!

'Cause I'm the one that loves you lately.
You and me, we got this great thing.

No comments: