Thursday, January 25, 2007

To work or Not to work

I, personally choose not to work. I would volunteer here and there just to get out of my house, dress something else than my pajamas and communicate face-to-face with other humans. But since I inherited nothing from my parents (except hot blood), since I didn't marry rich (nothing wrong with being a gold digger!) and since I can't afford the life I want without working, I have to work :(
To go to work, I have two options, to be the passenger of my husband or to take the train.
Behind the wheel, my husband is the prototype of "Mom, why all the idiots are in the streets when dad is driving?". I grab the "Holy shit" handle above the exit door every time I feel my life is in danger. Now you know what my last words will be! Other than that, it is convenient because he doesn't pay for parking, that expensive, washed in gold piece of land used every day to park your car while you work to make money to pay for it.
If it is not raining, no wind chill to slap your face, if the train is on time and has 2 extra wagons, I like train. Watching the behaviors of the same people every-day, you can do a human study there without paying them to be your guinea-pigs. You can catch up on reading, read the gosspis from the free daily magazine covered in led, play a Sudoku, can listen downloaded song or watch downloaded movies. Then is the walk from train to work. You can find out what some of your train companions do for living. She gets to a lawyer's office but I think she must be just the assistance. He gets to a nice hotel and I'm not sure what he can do there, shady!
And then you go to work! There, you have to deal with your colleagues! To be continued....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to sit with my friend on the train everyday and all she did was play Sudoku whilst I just babbled on about my personal problems.......how anti-social ! I still haven't forgiven her........... ;)