Thursday, May 31, 2007

Playing the movie critic

On my trip to San Francisco last week, I had the chance to watch a new movie, The Painted Veil (Ed Norton and Naomi Watts). I could have read the documents about the meeting I was going to attend, but couldn't resist Ed Norton. He is not 'hot', actually sometimes he aggravates me with his capricious characters, but he is attractive...don't try to find logic on what attracts me as you will not achieve anything! Naomi is unique as well, Aussy beauty, doesn't try hard to be sexy and picky on her characters. This movie is also produced by these two, so I thought I will read my docs at the hotel before I fall asleep.

Don't want to give away the movie, but in short is the story of a new couple where the wife has an affair very shortly after wedding and the husband decides to handle the situation in a very unique way by moving with her to an infected remote village in China. It is amazing how nicely they thought of making the story so intense, elegant, modern and fit it in 2 hours. If you really want to know what love is, this movie will show it. Everyone can be in a situation like that. Everyone has his/her own way of dealing with it. In this movie, he decides to make her love him. It is the most difficult thing to do if you know your partner is thinking of someone else. And yet, seems like you CAN do it, make him/her, really and truly fall out of love from the other one and fall in love with you!
Although some reviews are kind of skeptical about this movie, I will put it in the list of my favorite ones. At the end, is a love story and I like them!

No comments: