Monday, February 4, 2008

Confidence


I like to believe that I am a strong woman. I have married a guy that when we first started dating, he was making less money than me, had a very low self confidence, bad taste on clothes, low expectations regarding future, not articulated. But he was cute, he loved me the best he could, he gave me the feeling that he will be there for me and will never let me down, he will love me always and ... and I would make my mom happy by getting married. Years after living with him, teaching him, directing him, talking to him, he has become very confident, wants to wear expensive clothes, drive expensive cars, has eyes on becoming a manager pretty soon and is a proud father of a wonderful little girl. He has changed so much that yesterday he actually said to me "you lack on communication skills and that's why you have problems at work and you will never be a manager". Now, my problems at work, was just a gut feeling that I decided to tell him out of opening a conversation. I have this feeling that my job will end soon and I do not see much open options that I would like to jump for. I was shocked, terrified and surprised! He has changed but he has left me behind. He has taken the best of me and now is using it against me to tell me that I am the one that needs improvement!! God, I want to tell him the right thing that would be very much into the swearing side, but, maybe he is right! Maybe I do have a problem with the way I communicate with people. I know that I come from "hot blood" predecessors but I do believe that I'm nice and that people around do get me. Gosh, maybe I am wrong and I have to work on my communication skills. I feel like and HR victim. I never trusted these kind of trainings offered by HR on telling us how to communicate but maybe I do need that! Maybe I do need a structure on the way I present my self and my ideas, how I bring problems across and how I ask what I ask. We need to keep learning every day, keep changing and hope that it will improve us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re that mirror picture - that's how I feel after I've had a few drinks..LOL!!!!!!