Saturday, March 22, 2008

Old friends



Today went out with some friends, all of them old friends. We know each-other for about 15 years now, so yes we are old friends. I am very close with two of them but one of them is not much in touch with us. 15 years ago, i used to be a very naive and shy girl, much more than now. In these 15 years i have changed a lot, but this friend doesn't know the new me very well now. So today, while talking, I noticed that he was surprised about somethings about me that I do consider now very normal and very common. In a way it pissed me off the fact that he remembers me like that girl 15 years ago, he doesn't know how much I have done, how strong I am now, maybe stronger than him.
It reminded me an episode from "Gray's Anatomy", where at the end she said " I am the chief of surgeons in a huge hospital and he still considers me like that shy girl from high school". felt the same for me today. It feels strange that I wanted to tell him how different I am and change the image of me in his head, but it is not easy, and maybe not worth it.
So, anyway, old friends are good, but it is better when you are often in touch with them, when you grow together.

No comments: