Sunday, August 17, 2008

And Paris

Hmm Paris! So much movies and stories and songs that had made Paris the city of love and dreams for me. Because of this, I think I had the bar of expectations too high.
(You have all seen Eiffel Tower from all angles but this is a picture of it from under)

The hotel I had booked was bad and a little far from the center. I had to take the Metro for 30 minutes to get downtown. For 2 days I was there, the weather played with my feelings. Just when I wanted to stop and walk around a nice neighborhood, the rain would start and ruin the whole plan. On top of all this, people in Paris are very un-friendly and speak only French. Thank God I knew a little French and I made it to survive because with English you can't even find the bathroom there. The driver of a tourist guide bus refused to speak any work in English, only French. Agrrrrrr, so arrogant and annoying!
Now don't get me wrong, Paris is beautiful! The buildings are just gorgeous and everywhere you look is history, art and care for beauty. I went on top of the Eiffel tower and was really nice. I happened to be there when the bells of Notre Dame de Paris where ringing. Sorry about the quality, but I was on a moving double deck bus and the wind messes up the sound for a while.


It was raining when the tour bus went close to Moulin Rouge so I didn't stop.
I stopped for one hour to some stores at Champs Elise and bought some clothes but nothing to be proud of. The World capital of size petite had nothing but size medium and up, up to XL for woman!
In short, a lot of things went wrong for me in Paris so even thought I was in love with Paris, I found out that Paris doesn't love me and it broke my heart. I do not want to live there and I do not see my self as part of that city. Everyone I know tells me that the rest of the France is not like that and Parisiens create that bad image for all the French people. Probablement c'est vrais!
(This is the latest bridge of Paris, Charles de Gaule, like there are not enough places under his name already!)

One night at the TV, I watched a movie of Luis De Fune. Brought back memories from when I was a child and those were movies we could watch on the communist TV after they were modified for us. The funny thing was that my daughter laughed like silly with him as well. I guess a good-easy movie is good-easy at any time :)
I did not see any car like mine in Paris. It was expectable because was full of those ugly Renaults that look like the hats of French police men.
(A side of Paris from the top of Eiffel tower)

No comments: