Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer trip

For the last 3 weeks I've been on a trip to Europe. Last time I was there was 3 years ago so I needed the European shot on my blood to keep me going. This time family decided to get together at my brother's place in Germany. I have been there before and had no interest whatsoever to spent my all vacation there so I made it clear right from beginning that I will move around. Good girl as I am, I did spend some time with the family anyway, but I did also travel around. I went to Berlin, Lago Rosso (Italy) and Paris. I will write a blog for each of these trips and I will tell more about each. I do have tons of pictures from all the places I have been but I will pick only one for each trip.
In general, after visiting all these places I have learned:
1-Germans like Canadians
2-Even Italians that live on remote places in Italy, cook well
3-People in Paris are very un-friendly
4-You must visit Berlin before it becomes like Paris
I have traveled in airplanes, fast trains, subways, buses and cars. It is amazing how good the trains are in Europe. Here trains are like luxury. The other good thing is that trains are everywhere you go, close to airplanes, close to subways, close to other trains. So easy to use and so friendly in options. Love it! My daughter loved them too. Now she is an expert on trains. Which ones are supper fast and which ones are not so fast. Where does the garbage go, how do doors open, how does the small-tiny washrooms function, where do we put the big lugagges .... she knows them all.
There are some very cheap airlines within Europe that make the traveling so easy and affordable. The catch is that they use remote airports that have cheaper costs and taxes so the tickets are cheaper as well. I heard that there is a company doing the same in North America now but so far connects only 3 cities.
I was planning to do a lot of shopping but it just didn't work out very well. I bought very little stuff and no shoes!!! I am very disappointed about this, so much that I feel like planning another trip just for shopping and tell nobody that I am there so I don't have to visit any family and waste my shopping time wherever they plan to take me, which is usually away from stores I want to be.
Another thing I notices is that I keep being different from the rest of my family. I am very far from them in geographic and mental distance. Not sure if they are right or I am right but I have no hopes that my mom and dad will ever be content with me and my choices on life.

This picture is taken from Eifel tower. There was the distance of each capital city from there and I found mine :)

No comments: